West Bromwich Albion club is a well-established professional football club, playing in the English Premier League. The club was founded in 1878 and became a founder member of the Football League in 1888.
The Club has a rich history, having won a clean sweep of the three major titles in the English game, winning the League Championship, five FA Cups and the League Cup, as well as becoming the first English team to win a game in the Soviet Union in 1957 and the first to visit China in 1978.
Due to the Club becoming increasingly well established in the Premier League and in order to keep pace with the Club's ambitions for the years ahead, West Bromwich Albion is continually looking to evolve and strengthen our commercial foundations as a vital component of creating future growth for the club, both on and off the field.
Reporting to the Head of Sales you will be tasked with attaining and exceeding sales targets through the active selling of the hospitality and events portfolio. The position requires the combined skills of sales, management, excellent organisation and planning with good communication. You will be required to have contact with new and existing customers through cold calling, face to face sales, social media, e-marketing, networking and referrals.
The Department has been set ambitious sales targets and only individuals that have a proven track record in exceeding Departmental and individual targets should apply. The role requires sales management, mentoring, training, development and delegation of duties to a Team of Corporate Sales Executives and on match days a Team of operational staff. The Club will return record income in this area and the position holder is a pivotal figure within this function to deliver these returns.
The position also requires the individual to hold an internal relationship with the Club’s in-house catering function and you will hold responsibility for the delivery of all Commercial operations on match day.
- Achieve and exceed budgets set by the Chief Commercial Officer
- Achieve and exceed both personal and departmental income targets
- Manage, motivate, lead and develop a Team of Corporate Sales Executives
- Manage, motivate, lead and develop the Hospitality and Events Co-ordinators
- Provide marketing guidance and requirements for the promotion of the Hospitality and Events Department to the marketing department / external creative agencies
- Source new clients by actively selling the available portfolio via cold calling, face to face sales, social media, e-marketing, networking and referrals
- Act as an ambassador for social media in the main LinkedIn to enable the promotion, marketing and sales of associated products combined with online business networking
- To be the main point of contact for all Corporate clients to retain good working relationships and aid retention
- Establish a systematic approach to management information to aid the acquisition and retention of new Corporate clients
- Take overall all responsibility for the income collection in association with the Club’s Accounts Department
- To act as an Ambassador for the Football Club in terms of all Hospitality activity
- Increase the profile of the Football Club both locally and nationally
- Create an integral link with the Media and Marketing Departments for the promotion of products and services
- Maintain the established relationship with the in-house Catering function to ensure that the highest standards are achieved
- To create and develop contact with Hospitality agencies within the industry and maintain relationship
- Keep abreast of movements in the Hospitality and Events industry and report back to the Head of Sales
Apply by following the link - http://www.sportingjobs.co.uk/job/head-of-hospitality-senior-executive-west-bromwich-24.htm