sportingjobs.co.uk is the UK recruitment arm of Sporting Group International a unique sports business services company with offices in UK, India and China. We work with a variety of prestigious sports, media and entertainment-related clients such as international federations, national governing bodies, global brands and sponsors, clubs, teams & venues, live events and productions, broadcasters and media owners and sports marketing agencies.
Through a combination of an extensive international network, we are able to source, attract and deliver talent across a spectrum from middle management to Chief Executive and across a variety of corporate, commercial and performance functions, general management, sales, marketing & communications, event management, content production legal and finance.
In order to support the growth of the executive search business in the UK, we are now seeking someone to manage and develop this side of the business from end to end and actively grow the business.
You will play a leading role in developing and servicing our clients based around the world and specialising in the UK. You will be tasked with developing client relationships as well as the delivery of search assignments across a range of disciplines and sectors within the sports industry.
- Developing a deep understanding of the sports business sector and the way sports organisations are organised
- Managing and actively working on the full recruitment process from start to finish; on brief, on time and on budget
- Playing a proactive part in the Business Development of new clients
- Candidate engagement, interviewing candidates and gaining an understanding of their career history and aspirations
- Produce accurate, informative and relevant candidate interview reports and present the candidates to the client
- Ownership of the candidate experience
- Desk-based and telephone research to identify potential clients
- Playing a proactive part in the business development of new clients
- Client engagement, ownership of the client experience
- Build relationships and regularly consult with clients and candidate where appropriate, to ensure their recruitment needs are met
- Proposal creation and presentation to the client
- Managing candidate expectations and managing the communication to unsuccessful candidates in order to guarantee a high standard candidate experience
- Manage internal database and keep up to date records
- Reporting, forecasts and project updates to the Senior Executives and Partners
Skills & Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have an academic background and five to seven years’ experience of executive search. Also of use would be a good broad understanding of the sports industry and its key constituents. They must possess excellent communication skills - both verbal and written –and be an excellent organiser with strong attention to detail. They should be resourceful and an experienced user of the internet, search methodologies, on-line social networks and MS-Office applications, as well as having a strong affinity to the use of a Recruitment Software.
Last but not least, we are looking for a collegiate, collaborative team-player with real passion for best in class service and a tremendous work ethic. A sense of humour helps too….
If this exciting opportunity fits your profile and ambitions, don’t hesitate to contact our Birmingham office on 0121 272 8387 or Adrian Wright E: firstname.lastname@example.org M: 07984 564 835.